A Connecticut woman is fighting for her life after being badly burned in an apartment.
The woman, in her 50s, was pulled out of her second-floor apartment at the Carousel Apartments, on Pleasant Street, in East Windsor on Monday, August 2, said Lt. Matt Carl.
The woman, who was revived twice, once at the hospital, was taken to Saint Francis Hospital, where she was stabilized before being transferred to the Connecticut Burn Center at Bridgeport Hospital, Carl said.
"We are not sure if she made it through the night," Carl said. "We are still waiting for word."
The fire started just before 3 p.m., Carl said.
"There was a lot of smoke and the firefighters had a hard time locating her," he added.
On Tuesday, August 3, State Police Fire investigators reported they believe the fire was accidental and not a criminal act, he said.
Carl said state police reported she may have fallen asleep with a cigarette and there was evidence of oxygen in the room.
This is a developing story. Check back to Daily Voice for updates.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.