A man and woman found dead inside a Stamford home may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning, police said.
The couple was found on Long Ridge Road after a friend went to the home on Monday, Jan. 27, said Stamford Police Lt. Thomas Scanlon.
Stamford police, fire, and EMS responded to the residence, said Scanlon.
A preliminary investigation indicates that carbon monoxide is a key factor in the couple's death, he said.
An investigator from the medical examiner responded to the scene and autopsies will be conducted.
The couple's names are being withheld pending the notification of the next of kin.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.