WILTON, Conn. Wilton drivers will see signs of the national Click It or Ticket campaign starting next week.
During this mobilization police will perform spot checks on various roads, as well as observing drivers and passengers during the normal course of patrol duties, Wilton police said in a statement.
The increased enforcement of the seatbelt laws, which takes place from Nov. 14 to 27, will include around the clock enforcement from the police, particularly at night according to the release.
Included was an overview of Connecticuts Safety Belt law and what it requires:
1. All drivers and front seat passengers to wear a safety belt.
2. If the operator of such vehicle is under 18 years of age, all occupants shall wear such seat safety belt.
3. All passengers in a vehicle under 16 years of age must be secured.
4. The driver is responsible for any passenger under 16 years of age.
5. Any infant under the age of 1 or weighing less than 20 pounds to be secured in a rear facing child restraint system.
6. Children must be in a child restraint system, such as a car seat with internal harness or booster seat, until the child is both over 6 years old and over 60 pounds.
7. Children who ride in a booster seat must use a lap and shoulder belt.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.