WILTON, Conn. -- Monday, Oct. 14, is Columbus Day, a federal holiday. Here’s a look at some places that will be open and closed on Columbus Day in Wilton.
- Wilton Public Schools and Board of Education offices will be closed.
- The Wilton Public Library will be closed.
- Post Office branches will be closed.
- Most banks will be closed, but call your branch ahead of time to be sure.
- Most liquor stores will be open but call ahead to be sure.
- All state offices and courthouses will be closed.
- All federal offices and courthouses not already closed by the government shutdown will be closed.
Supermarkets, restaurants, bars, liquor stores and other retail locations are open. However, these places may be operating on a Sunday schedule or special holiday hours. It’s a good idea to call ahead before heading out to any of these establishments.
Metro-North will run on a regular weekday schedule.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Wilton and receive free news updates.