WILTON, Conn. It is time for Wiltons annual town meeting, where you get the chance to vote on the town budget. But in case you want something else to do, here are some other things happening in Wilton April 30-May 3:
- Wilton Library 10 a.m.-5 p.m.: The annual library book sale continues, with all books at half-price all day.
- Wilton Town Hall 7:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m.: The Board of Selectmen is having a special meeting in Town Hall room B to discuss capital projects.
- Wilton Library 10 a.m.-5 p.m.: Its the last day of the annual library book sale, with books costing only $5 a bag.
- Clune Center 7:30 p.m.-10 p.m.: Residents are encouraged to come to the Clune Center at the high school to hear a presentation and vote on the 2013 town budget.
- Wilton Library 7 p.m.-8:30 p.m.: The first in a three-part series presented by Dave Shafer about the opera will cover Massenets operas, with video excerpts from Werther and Manon, featuring Jonas Kaufmann and Renee Fleming, respectively. Registration is strongly recommended.
- Wilton Library noon-2 p.m.: Members of the community are invited to a contemplative celebration of prayer in the librarys Brubeck Room for the National Day of Prayer. Speakers, music, food and drink will be featured.
- Wilton High School Little Theatre 7:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m.: The high-school and Middlebrook jazz bands team up for a performance at the Little Theatre.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.