Contact Us
Wilton Daily Voice serves Wilton, CT
Return to your home site


Wilton Daily Voice serves Wilton, CT

Nearby Sites


Letter Outlines Credits for Storm Losses

WILTON, Conn. ? The following notice from Sen. Toni Boucher, R-Wilton and Norwalk, covers consumers' rights to receive credit for services lost during the recent snowstorm.

In the wake of the October Nor'easter there are many questions consumers need answers to:

? What does your insurance policy cover?? What if a tree falls on my house, on my neighbor's house?? Can I be reimbursed for food I had to throw out because I lost power?? Can I be reimbursed for hotel costs because I couldn't stay in my home?

Please contact the State Insurance Department for guidance.

By phone: 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900Online:

Can I get credit from my cable company? Phone company? Internet provider?

Contact Cablevision at the following locations:

Fairfield, 203-336-2225Easton 203-452-0097Norwalk, Weston, Westport, Wilton 203-847-6666Redding, Georgetown 203-438-7783New Canaan 203-348-9211

Just let the company know how long you were without service. When you reach an operator, ask to speak to the RETENTION representative, explain the circumstances of your lost service and demand the reduction. If you run into further problems, please call my office at 1-800-842-1421. If you call me after hours, leave your name and phone number on the voicemail and the company you are trying to get a credit from and I will follow up on your behalf.


to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.