FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Twelve communities in Fairfield County were ranked among Forbes' most expensive ZIP codes in America, including four in the Greenwich area, based on house prices.
Greenwich's 06831 ZIP code was the most expensive in the state, with a median asking price for condominiums and single-family starter homes of $2,787,785, Forbes said. The nearly $2.8 million asking price was ranked 52nd overall in the nation.
Forbes enlisted the help of Altos Research, real estate analysis firm, in order to compile the list. Altos and Forbes compiled the median asking prices for single-family homes and condominiums in over 28,000 ZIP codes and used a 90-day rolling average to determine the rankings.
Other Fairfield County ZIP codes to make the list, along with median asking prices, are:
- No. 56: Riverside (06878) at $2,711,089
- No. 69: Greenwich (06830) at $2,426,516
- No. 80: New Canaan (06840) at $2,204,722
- No. 82: Old Greenwich (06870) at $2,173,076
- No. 101: Darien (06820) at $1,999,407
- No. 111: Westport (06880) at $1,897,892
- No. 146: Norwalk (06853) at $1,620,455
- No. 237: Cos Cob (06807) at $1,307,253
- No. 330: Weston (06883) at $1,111,516
- No. 335: Fairfield (06824) at $1,101,266
- No. 367: Southport (06890) at $1,049,717
- No. 421: Wilton (06897) at $979,911
?The top ranking ZIP code nationwide is Atherton, Calif. (94027), which has a median asking price of $9.03 million, Forbes said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.