FAIRFIELD COUNTY, Conn. -- Electronics retailer Radio Shack, which filed for bankruptcy last week, announced it will shutter 1,784 stores by March 31, including 24 in Connecticut, according to Fox Connecticut.
The company, which began as a leather shoe parts and repair store 94 years ago, filed in Delaware, claiming $1.2 billion in assets and $1.38 billion in liabilities, Forbes said.
Of the 24 stores in the Nutmeg State slated to close, seven are in Fairfield County, Fox Connecticut said. Here are the stores slated to close:
- Bridgeport: Shoppers Plaza
- Cos Cob: 160 E Putnam Ave.
- Danbury: Berkshire Shopping Center
- Fairfield: 913 Post Road
- Norwalk (two stores): 595 Connecticut Ave. and 30 Belden Ave.
- Stamford: Stamford Town Center.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.