WESTON, Conn. – Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Weston last week:
- Members of the Westport Police Department Dive Team and the Norwalk Police Department Marine Division rescued two men off the coast of Sherwood Island and Compo Beach on Christmas, according to the Hearst Connecticut Media Group.
- Norwalk's Rick and Joan Setti were declared the winners of "The Great Christmas Light Fight" on ABC-TV on Monday night.
- Redding police charged a Danbury teen with attempting to break into a Redding home early Wednesday, according to newstimes.com.
- Drivers should be seeing some relief on I-95 northbound near the interchange with Route 7 in Norwalk: The Connecticut Department of Transportation has opened a new "speed change lane" in the area.
- The Weston Police Department is thanking the Weston Gun Club Community Foundation for its donation this year, which was used to buy equipment for the Traffic Crash Reconstruction Team, the department said on its Facebook page.
- The Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk welcomed an adorable new member to its family Thursday when 11-month-old Levi joined the river otter exhibit.
- The Aspetuck Valley Country Club golf course was named a “Certified Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary” by the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program (ACSP), according to the Weston Forum.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.