WESTPORT, Conn. -- Bridgewater Associates in Westport will be receiving the Workplace Hero Award at the 17th annual American Red Cross Connecticut Heroes Breakfast on April 29.
Bridgewater is one of six award recipients at the breakfast, which will be held at the Stamford Marriott Hotel and Spa. Each of the recipients being honored has made a life-saving or life-changing difference in their communities.
Bridgewater Associates is being honored for its commitment to supporting the American Red Cross, as well as for its philanthropic and volunteer commitment to communities across Connecticut.
According to the Bridgewater Associates website, Bridgewater manages $154 billion in global investments for a wide array of institutional clients, including foreign governments and central banks, corporate and public pension funds, university endowments and charitable foundations.
The other honorees, as well as the awards they are receiving, are:
- Community Resilience Hero Award: The City of Milford, for its long-term recovery following Superstorm Sandy and Hurricane Irene.
- Life Saving Hero Award: Jovany Roman for performing CPR and saving the life of a man while on the job.
- Military Hero Award: The United States Coast Guard, for its coordinated rescue of two mariners from the ice-cold waters of Long Island Sound
- Spirit of the Red Cross Hero Award: Mark and MaryGrace Gudis of Westport and Mike Daglio, president of Norwalk Hospital, for purchasing and placing 100 AEDs (automated external defibrillators) in their local community.
- Water Safety Hero Award: Plainville Lifeguards for their continued diligence and teamwork to keep swimmers safe at the town pool.
“We are looking forward to once again honoring Connecticut’s Heroes,” said Mario Bruno, CEO American Red Cross Connecticut and Rhode Island Region. “This year’s honorees are inspiring for their willingness to help and for their impact on the lives of others. The people and organizations we are honoring do extraordinary things. They represent the best in the human spirit and reflect the Red Cross ideal of helping others.”
Registration and breakfast begin at 7:30 a.m. Tickets are $40 each and must be purchased in advance. To purchase tickets online, click here.
For more information about the event or to reserve tickets, contact Libby Richardson at (860) 678-4310 or Libby.Richardson@redcross.org.
The Stamford Marriott Hotel and Spa is at 243 Tresser Blvd.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.