Several Fairfield County businesses were recently busted for selling vaping/nicotine products to minors during a special detail.
The detail, or sting operation, took place on Thursday, Jan. 21, after the department received numerous complaints from concerned Norwalk parents, said Sgt. Sofia Gulino.
During the operation, the Norwalk Police Department Special Services Division conducted the checks at multiple package stores and vape shops with the assistance of cooperating minors.
The following locations were found not to be in compliance:
- VapeWise – 203 Liberty Square; arrested: Employee Ali Naji Murshad Al-Sadi Abdullah of Danbury was charged with the sale or delivery of electronic nicotine to a minor and fined $500.
- Mohegan Smoke Shop - 82-84 North Main Street; arrested: Employee-Yassin Adrian of Bridgeport was charged with sale or delivery of electronic nicotine to a minor and was fined $250.
- Tropical Grocery - 79 Cedar Street: Charge: Sale of alcohol to a minor, referral to State Liquor Commission
- World of Beverages - 295 Main Avenue: Charge: Sale of alcohol to a minor, referral to State Liquor Commission
- Cibao - 39 Harbor Ave.: Charge: Sale of alcohol to a minor, referral to State Liquor Commission
This is an ongoing investigation, and compliance checks will continue throughout the New Year, Gulino said.
To report a crime, call the Norwalk Police Tip Line at 203-854-3111.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.