Contact Us
Trumbull-Monroe Daily Voice serves Easton, Monroe, Redding & Trumbull
Return to your home site


Breaking News: Human Smuggling Ring: Mexican Nationals Extorted Workers They Smuggled Into CT, Feds Say
Police & Fire

Wires Hit Gas Line in Trumbull

The fire in Trumbull was caused by downed electrical wires.
The fire in Trumbull was caused by downed electrical wires. Photo Credit: Facebook

TRUMBULL, Conn. -- Nichols Fire Department in Trumbull was called to a report of wires down and Engine 301, Truck 304 and Rescue 300 responded just after 9 p.m. Wednesday. 

Upon arrival, firefighters confirmed a primary electrical wire down on the road. The arcing wire soon after came in contact with the lawn of 465 Shelton Road and traveled to the homes on the natural gas line. 

After several short bursts, the gas line ruptured, creating a fire from the ground. The gas company was on the scene de-energizing the power and shut down the main gas line. Fire crews continued protecting exposures until the fire burned itself out. 

Once the fire was out, crews remained on the scene for an undetermined amount of time making sure the scene was stable. Crews were back in service just after 1 a.m. Thursday.

to follow Daily Voice Trumbull-Monroe and receive free news updates.