MONROE, Conn.-- A house fire on Twinbrook Terrace Tuesday night took the life of three dogs, according to the Connecticut Post.
The fire was initially reported as an odor investigation, but arriving crews found a working house fire, the Monroe Volunteer Fire Department wrote in a Facebook post.
The fire began in the basement, according to the Connecticut Post.
The residents smelled smoke when they arrived home at 8:45 p.m. and contacted 911, the Connecticut Post reported
Arriving firefighters encountered a fire in a utility room in the basement, the Connecticut Post said.
Three dogs that were not conscious were located in the home's living room, according to the Connecticut Post.
Mutual aid from Stepney Fire Department and Stevenson Volunteer Fire Co. and the White Hills Fire Co. in Shelton, the fire department said
Click here for the Connecticut Post report.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.