TRUMBULL, Conn. -- The town of Trumbull has put a parking ban into effect from 8 a.m. Saturday until noon Sunday in an effort to keep streets clear for snow plowing and emergency vehicles.
The area is under a winter storm warning and is expected to get 4-8 inches of snow Saturday.
Residents are asked to report any utility disruptions directly to the utility company providing the service.
Here are some quick safety tips:
- Drive slowly and safely while preparing enough travel time to reach your destination.
- Make sure you have enough fuel and winter supplies in your vehicle in the event you are stuck or stranded.
- If possible, move all vehicles off the streets so snowplows can efficiently clear the roads.
- Remember to dress in layers when venturing outdoors.
- When shoveling, take breaks and bend at the knees.
- Check on any elderly residents in the event they need assistance.
- Bring all pets indoors and out of the cold for pet health safety.
- This is the time to contact your landlord, fuel provider and any other contractor in making sure furnaces, fuel sources and other electrical and heating units are working properly.
- Keep a list of contractors or fuel providers handy in the event equipment fails or if they are needed.
- Never use your gas oven as a heating source.
- Create a plan of action to evacuate to a friend's or relative's home in the event of any heating failure to your residence.
In an extreme emergency, dial 911.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.