Twenty-nine people have been arrested in connection with a large-scale crackdown on narcotics sales in and around Waterbury, according to the U.S. Attorney for the District of Connecticut.
U.S. Attorney John H. Durham said the arrests come on the heels of a months-long investigation by the DEA New Haven Task Force and the Waterbury and Naugatuck police departments related to the distribution of heroin, cocaine and crack cocaine in and around Waterbury.
The investigation, which began last year and has included the use of court-authorized wiretaps, physical surveillance and controlled purchases of narcotics, revealed that Keith Jordan, also known as “Knowledge,” received large quantities of heroin and cocaine from various suppliers and sold the drugs to street-level distributors in and around Waterbury.
During the arrests, officers seized 3,000 bags of heroin, 400 grams of cocaine, 350 grams of fentanyl/heroin mixed, 400 grams of heroin, 10 grams of crack, 20 pounds of marijuana, fentanyl patches, a one-kilogram press, four handguns, approximately $120,000 in cash and four vehicles.
On Wednesday, March 13, a grand jury in Hartford returned an indictment charging each of the following individuals with conspiracy to distribute, and to possess with intent to distribute, various quantities of heroin, cocaine and crack cocaine:
- Keith Jordan, a.k.a. “Knowledge,” 50, of Waterbury
- Katina Reed, a.k.a. “Tina,” 46, of Waterbury
- Domingo Alves, a.k.a. “Mingo,” 49, of Waterbury
- Sunji Cramer, 39, of Meriden
- Carlos Morais, a.k.a. “Los,” 35, of Waterbury
- Larry Hall, a.k.a. “Chuito” and “Bobo,” 48, of Naugatuck
- Jean Carlos FAbal-Gonzalez, 24, of Waterbury
- Lliver Abreu-Baez, a.k.a. “Domi” and “Papi,” 27, of Waterbury
- Junio Acevedo, 34, of Waterbury
- Michael Altieri, 28, of Waterbury
- Lance Baptiste, 40, of Waterbury
- Timothy Booker, a.k.a. “Book,” 60, of Waterbury
- Tyrell Campbell, a.k.a. “Bricks,” 29, of Waterbury
- Rosemary Colon, 35, of Naugatuck
- Damon Davis, 24, of Waterbury (currently in state custody)
- David Flaherty, 48, of Waterbury
- Vina Frazier, 35, of Waterbury
- Jermaine Foster, 48, of New Haven
- Bienvenido Gonzalez, a.k.a. “Toto,” 41, of Waterbury
- Nazariel Gonzalez, 39, of West Hartford
- Jose Gonzalez, 30, of Waterbury
- James Tyrone Hayes, a.k.a. “Ty,” 49, of Newburgh, New York
- Omar Hernandez, 39, of Waterbury
- Jordan Jamison, 23, of Waterbury
- Francisco Lopez, 32, of Waterbury
Twenty-three defendants were arrested Wednesday, March 20, and one was arrested Thursday, March 21. One defendant has been in state custody. Four defendants are currently being sought.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.