Map Interactive local COVID-19 tracker
Contact Us
Stratford Daily Voice serves Stratford, CT
Return to your home site

Menu

Stratford Daily Voice serves Stratford, CT

Nearby Towns

Police & Fire

Two Women Injured In Stratford House Fire

Two women were injured, one seriously, during a house fire in Stratford.
Two women were injured, one seriously, during a house fire in Stratford. Photo Credit: Pixabay

Two women were injured during an early-morning house fire in Stratford that was likely started by careless smoking.

Firefighters were dispatched to a fire call around 4:49 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 13, on Karen Avenue in Stratford, said Stratford Fire Chief Brain Lampart.

When firefighters arrived on the scene smoke was visible from the front door of the home and an active fire on a living room couch, Lampart said.

Firefighters extinguished the fire and removed two occupants from the home, one who was unresponsive, the chief said.

The injured women were treated at the scene before being transported to the hospital.

The investigation found that careless smoking on the couch is the most probable cause of this fire, Lambert said.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Stratford Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.