STRATFORD, Conn. — Stratford firefighters extinguished a fire in a local laundromat that started in a dryer duct and extended up to the roof of the building, according to a Facebook post.
The fire was in the building that houses the Soap Box Laundromat on Main Street, which was closed while firefighters doused the blaze.
"A fire that originated in a dryer duct extended into and compromised the roof structure and required extensive truck work to expose all active fire," the Facebook post said.
Milford firefighters assisted at the scene, where crews worked in the bitter cold Thursday afternoon as wind chills reached single digits, the Facebook post said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.