Map Interactive local COVID-19 tracker
Contact Us
Stratford Daily Voice serves Stratford, CT
Return to your home site


Stratford Daily Voice serves Stratford, CT

Nearby Towns

Police & Fire

2 Displaced In Stratford House Fire Blamed On Cigarette Ashes

Stratford Fire Department
Stratford Fire Department Photo Credit: Facebook

STRATFORD, Conn. — Two Stratford residents were displaced after their home was damaged by a fire ignited by cigarette ashes, according to

The Tuesday morning fire was contained to a bedroom of the home at 12 Bates St., said. 

No injuries were reported in the fire, which was caused by the improper disposal of cigarette ashes into a plastic garbage pail, said.

The house is uninhabitable until repairs can be made, said.

Click here for the story at

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Stratford Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.