STRATFORD, Conn. — It's almost time to throw on the green and celebrate everything Irish.
In Stratford, this year's Irish flag raising ceremony is scheduled at Town Hall on St. Patrick’s Day, Thursday, March 17.
Residents are invited to attend the 9 a.m. ceremony, which will include remarks from Mayor John A. Harkins, elected officials and the “Irish Mayor for the Day,” who will be revealed at the ceremony.
The fun also will include the St. Patrick’s Day Irish Soda Bread Contest, “A For The Fun Of It” activity open to all Stratford residents who think "they" make the best Irish soda bread.
Contestants are asked to bring their entries to Room 213 at Town Hall (second floor) at 8:30 a.m. Thursday, March 17 at Town Hall.
The following rules apply:
- A name tag and telephone number should be placed with each entry.
- Entries must be made from an original recipe and not store-bought.
- If the entry contains nuts or related ingredients, this should be clearly indicated on the name tag.
- The decision of the judges will be final.
- Immediate family members of the judges may not submit an entry.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.