Map Interactive local COVID-19 tracker
Contact Us
Stratford Daily Voice serves Stratford, CT
Return to your home site


Stratford Daily Voice serves Stratford, CT

Nearby Towns


GoFundMe Page Established For Stratford Councilman Who Lost Home In Fire

The Stratford Fire Department extinguishes the fire at 196-198 Larkin Court on Thursday. Photo Credit: Contributed
Firefighters contained the blaze to the second floor and attic of the Stratford duplex. Photo Credit: Stratford Professional Firefighters IAFF 998/Facebook
Wali Kadeem Photo Credit:

STRATFORD, Conn. -- A GoFundMe campaign to help Stratford 3rd District Councilman Wali Kadeem has garnered $1,310 since it was established days after his home was damaged in Thursday's fire.

Kadeem's family had to move into a hotel because they cannot live in their home. A scheduled vacation for the family this week was canceled.

Nobody was injured when the fire tore through the family's two-story duplex in Stratford on Thursday afternoon.

Firefighters responded about 3:30 p.m. and contained the fire to the second floor and attic of 196-198 Larkin Court, according to the Stratford Star.

Fire Marshal Brian Lampart said the fire spread from an electrical outlet near a bed, the Stratford Star said.

The Bridgeport and Milford fire departments assisted, the Stratford Star said.

Click here to read the Stratford Star story.

Click here to see the GoFundMe page.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Stratford Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.