GREENWICH, Conn. -- Greenwich businessman and Republican gubernatorial candidate Tom Foley is already compiling a long list of GOP members backing him for a rematch against incumbent Dannel Malloy.
Foley narrowly lost to the former Stamford governor in 2010, but a Quinnipiac University poll released in early march said the two were in a relative dead heat, but that was before Malloy officially announced his candidacy for a second term.
Below is a list of GOP members who have officially endorsed Foley:
- State Sen. Joe Markley
- State Reps. Mike Alberts, Rob Sampson, Al Adinolfi of Cheshire
- First Selectmen Lisa Pellegini of Somers, William Rose of Chaplin, Edward St. John of Middlebury
- Republican State Central Party members Patricia Fers of Ansonia, Rebecca Michlin of Southington, Michael Doyle of New London, William Jenkins of Chaplin, Eva Maldonado of Stamford, Jay Berardio of Durham, Michael Fitzpatrick of Glastonbury, Paul Madonna of Griswold, Barbara Ruhe of Wethersfield
- Republican Town Committee Chairmen Ken McClellan of Middletown, Bob Prentice of Wallingford, Holly Cheeseman of East Lyme, Scott Guilmartin of Suffield, Hal Cummings of Vernon, Greg Dandio of Wolcott, Kathleen Daugherty of South Windsor, Mike DeSaulniers of Windham, Sue Vaill of Bethlehem, Tom Galvin of Prospect, Jim Campbell of Greenwich, Jonathan Gilman of Bozrah, Ron Aubel of Colebrook, Robert Poliner of Durham, David Drinan of Somers, James Fitzgerald of New Hartford, Lee Sandora of East Granby
- Former Republican Town Committee Chairman Karen Arnold of Orange, Ben Ancona of Newington
- Former Mayor of Waterbury Mike Jarjura
- Former Mayor of Manchester Lou Spadiccini
- Town Council Chairman of Southington Mike Riccio
- Former First Selectman of Killingworth David Denvir
- Meriden Deputy Mayor Bob Williams
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.