STAMFORD, Conn. -- A Stamford 16-year-old who may be the youngest ever charged with murder in Stamford is moving head with his defense against allegations that he killed a man last year outside a fast-food restaurant, according to the Stamford Advocate.
Marquest Hall rejected a plea deal this week that would have required him to plead guilty to killing 52-year-old Antonio Muralles on March 11, 2015 outside a McDonald's on Bedford Street. The deal would have meant a 25-year sentence, followed by special parole, the Stamford Advocate reports.
Hall, who appeared in court Wednesday with attorney Ryan O'Neill, told the judge he understood that, if convicted, he could be sentenced for up to 60 years in jail, according to the Stamford Advocate. A trial date has not been set yet, the Stamford Advocate says.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.