Map Interactive local COVID-19 tracker
Contact Us
Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT
Return to your home site


Stamford Daily Voice serves Stamford, CT

Nearby Towns

Breaking News: COVID-19: Side Effects Are More Likely After Second Pfizer Or Moderna Dose; Here's Why
Police & Fire

Stamford Man Charged With Assault After Cutting Woman With Kitchen Knives

Kevin Llewellyn, 22, was charged with second-degree assault in connection with a domestic dispute.
Kevin Llewellyn, 22, was charged with second-degree assault in connection with a domestic dispute. Photo Credit: Stamford Police

STAMFORD, Conn. -- A violent dispute Thursday between a couple that left a fourth-floor hallway doused in blood resulted in the arrest of a Stamford man, police said.

As a result of their investigation, officers arrested and charged Kevin Llewellyn, 22, of Stamford, with second-degree assault, police said. He was held on $75,000 bond.

Police received numerous 911 calls from a Spruce Street residence at about 5 p.m. Thursday about a dispute with lots of yelling and screaming.

When officers arrived at the scene, they said they were met by a shocking sight, police said. 

"The whole area was doused with blood," Stamford police Lt. Diedrich Hohn said. "There was a significant amount of blood on the floor, the walls, the doors, spray and splattering, the whole nine yards. We get up there and said, 'Wow, this is bad.' "

However, officers couldn't find any victims or perpetrators and began a search as they feared the worst, Hohn said. 

They forced open the door to an apartment, where the couple involved were believed to be living and once again discovered blood but no occupants, Hohn said.

Officers reviewed videotape of the hall, where a significant part of the dispute occurred, Hohn said. He said the dispute lasted about 15 minutes.

"She's retreating, he's retreating, they are going back and forth. Finally, he comes out with two large kitchen knives, probably about 14 inches long," Hohn said.

He said the man waved them in front of the woman, and she suffered a large cut to her right arm, eventually requiring four stitches, police said. However, the woman didn't back down despite the danger from the extremely sharp knives the man was waving, Hohn said.

"She's in his face, too. She's throwing punches," Hohn said. "She cold-cocks him right in the face."

She caused a cut on the man's face from her punches, Hohn said.

After the dispute, the man went to Stamford Hospital while the woman wrapped her wound and went to do an errand, Hohn said.

Police finally were able to contact the woman by telephone, but the initial conversation was terse and ended abruptly when the woman said she didn't want to speak to officers, Hohn said. However, police called her back because of their concern about her wounds and persuaded her to go to the hospital, Hohn said.

"It was a little hairy for a while cause we didn't know what we had," Hohn said.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Stamford Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.