STAMFORD, Conn. -- No one was hurt in a fire at 637 Cove Road on Sunday night, Stamford firefighters said.
Firefighters were called at 6:57 p.m. on reports of smoke coming out of a two-story condominium unit.
Further investigation led firefighters to go to the floor below, where they found a fire in a bathroom of a first floor apartment. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire and found that it had traveled up the inside of the walls, past the second floor, and to the roof area.
Firefighters had to open a hole on the roof to extinguish the fire there and prevent further extension of it.
No cause of the fire has been determined yet. The fire is currently being investigated by the Stamford Fire Marshal's Office.
Three engine companies, a ladder company, a rescue company, incident commander and a Rapid Intervention Team were assigned to the fire.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.