STAMFORD, Conn. -- A converted school bus used to tailgate at New York Jets games was consumed by a fire Tuesday night, Stamford fire officials said.
Five minutes after the fire was called in at 7:04 p.m. firefighters arrived on scene to find the bus on fire in the rear yard of 54 Club Road. The fire was put out but the firefighters' efforts were complicated by multiple propane tanks near the bus that also become involved in the fire.
The fire was put out in ten minutes after four engines, a ladder truck, one rescue company and a deputy chief responded. There were no reports of injuries and the fire is under investigation.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.