STAMFORD, Conn. -- A 20-year-old man wanted in a murder at a New Year's Eve party in Brooklyn, N.Y., waived an extradition hearing after appearing in a Stamford court Monday.
Juan Nico Morales, 20, had been held on $2.5 million bond after his arrest in Stamford on Friday morning.
Stamford Police Capt. Richard Conklin said Morales had been wanted on charges of second-degree murder and criminal possession of a dangerous weapon in connection with the killing.
Stamford Police and U.S. Marshals staged a 6 a.m. Friday raid at 66 Smith St., where Morales had been staying. He was arrested without incident, Conklin said. He was charged with two counts of being a fugitive from justice.
There was a second warrant out of New York City for theft of services in the case, but there was no further information on that.
Conklin said Morales had been kicked out of New Year's Eve party in Brooklyn and was refused entry when he tried to get back in. He then went around the residence and shot through a window striking a party-goer in the face, who later died from the wound.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.