STAMFORD, Conn. -- The Center for Sexual Assault Crisis Counseling and Education will present its 4th Annual Women Empowering Women forum in Stamford on Thursday, Feb. 25.
“We all have so much that we can learn from one another," said Kristin Koloniaris, Women Empowering Women 2016 Co-Chair. "Now in our fourth year, we hear consistently from our audience that they are drawn to the stories that our panelists share about themselves and how they are able to overcome obstacles, both personally and professionally, to make changes in their lives. This year we took their feedback to heart and made it the theme of our Forum. Once again our guests will come together for networking, inspiration, and to support The Center’s vision of a world free from sexual violence.”
Presenters will share stories about how they made positive, thoughtful changes within and inspired others to do the same.
Kate Bohner, Managing Director, Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, DMS Offshore Investment Services, Ltd. will then lead a panel discussion on obstacles the panel has overcome, how they intertwine life and work, teaching moments that have had a lasting effect and how they measure success.
The forum panelists are:
- Laura Campbell, Women’s Leadership Coach & Consultant, Transition Strategist
- Margaret Keane, President and Chief Executive Officer, Synchrony Financial
- Beth Krupa, Founder and Principal, Beth Krupa Interiors
- Davida Lara, Senior Vice President of Global Payroll in Strategic Incentives Group, Blackstone
- Caroline Simmons, Connecticut State Representative
- Lauren Singer, Chief Executive Officer, The Simply Co., Founder of “Trash is for Tossers"
The forum takes place at the Sheraton Stamford Hotel from 6 to 9 p.m.
Tickets are $85 per person. Friends of The Center tickets are $1,000 for four tickets plus special recognition and $500 for two tickets and special recognition.
To register, visit www.thecenter-ct.org.
All proceeds will benefit The Center's crisis counseling, advocacy and education programs.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.