Five Stratford businesses were fined after allegedly selling tobacco products to an underage decoy during an enforcement check.
The enforcement on Wednesday, May 1, was conducted by the Stratford Police, along with members from the state Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services and the Tobacco Prevention and Enforcement Program, said Stratford Police Capt. Frank Eannotti.
A total of 15 unannounced compliance inspections were conducted. Of the 15, five establishments were found to be in violation, he said.
The offending clerks at these establishments were issued $200 tickets.
In addition, the license holder at each business also faces additional sanctions.
The establishments found to be in violation include:
- Boston Ave. Mart: 265 Boston Ave.
- Future Market: 2336 Barnum Ave.
- Lordship Shell: 145 Lordship Blvd.
- Success Ave. Citgo: 605 Success Ave.
- EZ Mart: 3355 Main St.
The following businesses were found in compliance with the law:
- 24/7 Express: 1607 Barnum Ave.
- Stratford Food Center: 11 Woodend Road
- Checkers Food Store and Deli: 1796 Barnum Ave.
- Citgo Food Mart: 2000 Barnum Ave.
- Shell Gas Station: 2275 Broadbridge Ave.
- Billows and Blaze 1056 Stratford Avenue
- Bruce Corner Market LLC: 189 Bruce Ave.
- JM Gas LLC: 805 Main St.
- Delta Food and Fuel: 1219 Stratford Ave.
- Citgo Gas: 1725 Stratford Ave.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.