An early morning fire severely damaged a single family residence in Milford.
Fire dispatchers received a 911 call around 3:55 a.m. Wednesday, March 6, reporting a fire in the single-story ranch-style home at 42 Windsong Lane in Milford, said Milford Fire Rescue Battalion Chief Anthony Fabrizi.
The incident was reported by a neighbor who happened to see the fire break out, Fabrizi said.
First arriving firefighting units found the rear porch area of the structure heavily involved in fire and extending into the attic area. Multiple hose lines were quickly deployed in an effort to extinguish the blaze, he added.
The fire was brought under control in 25 minutes.
Although the residence was unoccupied at the time of the fire, the homeowner and his family were slated to move into the structure at the end of the week, Fabrizi said.
The Milford Fire Marshal’s division is investigating the incident. No injuries were reported.
"As a reminder, proper functioning smoke and carbon monoxide detectors save lives," he said. "Please check yours today."
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.