A man wanted for numerous charges in Greenwich has been arrested in Stamford, police say.
Stamford Police say they initiated a vehicle stop after observing the driver commit an infraction on Ritch Avenue W. in Byram on Wednesday, June 12 around 8:30 a.m.
Further investigation revealed that the driver, identified as Cristian Duque, 24, of Stamford, had an active arrest warrant out of Greenwich for evading responsibility in a motor vehicle accident on Saturday, Feb. 2.
Duque was arrested and held at the Stamford Police Department, where Greenwich Police responded and took Duque into their custody.
Duque faces the following charges:
- Failure to carry registration/insurance card
- Operating a motor vehicle without insurance
- Operating a motor vehicle under suspension
- Operating a motor vehicle under suspension due to alcohol
- Evading responsibility for injury/property damage (two counts)
- Failure to drive in proper lane
- Following too closely
- Providing a false statement
- Interfering with an officer/resisting arrest
Duque was released after posting his $50,000 court-set bond and is scheduled to return to Stamford Superior Court on Wednesday, June 26.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.