SHELTON, Conn. – The Shelton Historical Center reopened the Brownson House on Sunday after it had been closed for repairs of water damage.
Members of the Huntington Fire company who helped remediate the rainwater and save artifacts in the home were on hand for the grand reopening.
The Brownson House was built in Shelton between 1820 and 1825. The Historical Society bought the home in 1971 and moved it to its current location at Ripton Road and Cloverdale Avenue.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.