There have been two more confirmed COVID-19 cases in a pair of schools.
Fairfield Public Schools Superintendent Mike Cummings announced on Wednesday, Oct. 28 that an individual at Fairfield Warde High School and one at Roger Sherman Elementary School have both tested positive for the virus.
The two new cases came after several others that were reported across the district, including at Fairfield Ludlowe High School, Dwight Elementary School, and in a fully remote student.
Cummings said that contact tracing has been conducted and anyone who may have been exposed is currently under quarantine, though there will be no school closures.
Anyone who may have been exposed has already been contacted by the Fairfield Health Department Contact Tracing Team.
“To date, our positive cases have been as a result of contact with a positive case in their household or outside of school,” Cummings said. “By going back two days before the onset of symptoms (or positive test result), we are identifying anyone in school who may be at risk.
“We evaluate each situation on a case-by-case basis to determine the need for building closure to allow for contact tracing and cleaning,” he wrote to parents.
"Many times, the individual has not been in the building for two days prior, due to previously being quarantined, having stayed home awaiting test results, or being out of school due to symptoms.”
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.