RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Ridgefield Police are investigating reports Wednesday of a stolen vehicle and three separate larcenies that occurred in the Peaceable Street area.
This latest rash in town brings the total to 13 separate reports of personal items being stolen from vehicles and two reported stolen since Dec. 13, according to Ridgefield Police.
There have also been numerous reports of vehicles being rummaged through with no items reported missing, police said
All of the vehicles targeted in these incidents have been parked at residences and unlocked, according to police.
Furthermore, the keys were left in the two vehicles that were stolen, said police.
All incidents have occurred during the overnight hours and in different areas of town.
Police remind the public to lock their vehicles and remove all valuables and to report any suspicious activity.
Provide the following information when reporting suspicious activity:
- A brief description of the activity with date, time and location.
- Physical identifiers of anyone you observed.
- Description of any vehicles observed.
- Information about where people involved in the suspicious activity may have gone.
- Your name and contact information (optional) so officers can follow up with you.
In an emergency, dial 911. For routine calls, dial 203-438-6531.
All of these incidents are under investigation, said police.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.