RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Ridgefield this week:
- A Ridgefield family is homeless after a fire destroyed their home at 25 Standish Drive.
- Danbury’s Anna Messina, the girlfriend of John Valluzzo, who shot to death in his Ridgefield home during a standoff with police, is suing his estate.
- Allison Brush-Stern, a Ridgefield woman who is the owner and founder of Collapse-It-All and who invented an easy-to-pack beach pail is featured in a new book showcasing inventor moms.
- The former "Good Morning America" co-host and Greenwich resident Joan Lunden announced she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
- The New Jersey murder trial in the 2012 shooting death of Ridgefield resident Brian Schiavetti has been moved from a court in Newark to Jersey City. The trial is not expected to begin until next month.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.