RIDGEFIELD, Conn. -- The Ridgefield Guild of Artists recently held an opening reception for CameraWorks 2015, a juried exhibition of works of photography.
Photography has exploded as the hottest medium in the art world, the guild said. From the silver gelatin black-and-white print to the visual delight of digital art to the storytellers of videographers – there are no boundaries.
CameraWorks 2015 was designed to be an exploration of all photographic arts from the most traditional to the least conventional, welcoming all formats – black and white or color, film or digital, photo collage, montage and videos.
The following prize winners are included in the exhibit:
- Best in Show: Debra Schaffer, “El Chabacano”
- First Place: Bill Gore, “Tracks”
- Second Place: Tracy Hoffman, “Strips of Color”
- Third Place: Marcy Juran, “Cumulus Overhead”
- Honorable Mention: Joan Bepler, “Accidental Composition”
- Honorable Mention: Trace Burroughs, “Early Morning”
- Honorable Mention: Barbara Ringer, “Emma”
- Honorable Mention: Nancy Woodward, “Anne’s Heart”
There will be an artists salon from 7:30-9:30 p.m. Friday, March 27, .
The exhibit will continue through April 4. Gallery hours are noon to 4 p.m. Wednesdays through Sundays.
The Ridgefield Guild of Artists is at 34 Halpin Lane. For more information, visit its website or call 203-438-8863.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.