The seven eateries were selected as part of a database put together by The Post that lists pizzerias in each state specializing in Chicago, Detroit, Neapolitan, New York, Roman, Sicilian, and Tavern-style pizza.
According to this report, the seven best restaurants in Connecticut that are the best at certain styles of pizza are:
- Vito's Pizzaria, located in Wethersfield at 673 Silas Deane Hwy, which specializes in Chicago-style pizza;
- Joe's Pizza, located in New Canaan at 23 Locust Ave., which specializes in Detroit-style pizza;
- Zeneli Pizzeria & Cucina Napoletana, located in New Haven at 138 Wooster St., which specializes in Neapolitan-style pizza;
- Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana, located in New Haven at 157 Wooster St., which specializes in (you guessed it) New Haven-style pizza;
- Michael Angelo's Pizzeria, located in Danbury at 75 Lake Ave., which specializes in New York-style pizza;
- Sapore Pizzeria, located in Old Lyme at 163 Boston Post Rd., which specializes in Sicilian-style pizza;
- Colony Grill, located in Norwalk at 515 West Ave., which specializes in Tavern-style pizza.
In order to select the best eateries for each style in each state, the Post looked at Yelp reviews of more than 85,000 independent and small-chain restaurants that mentioned each specific kind of pie.
The restaurants were then ranked using a formula that accounted for Yelp ratings, the number of reviews, and how often reviews mentioned each particular pizza style.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Norwalk and receive free news updates.