Contact Us
Norwalk Daily Voice serves Norwalk & Rowayton
Return to your home site


Norwalk Daily Voice serves Norwalk & Rowayton

Nearby Sites

Police & Fire

Police: Father, Daughter Dead After Apparent Murder-Suicide in Norwalk

Police are at a crime scene at 66 Wilton Ave. in Norwalk between Route 7 and Main St.
Police are at a crime scene at 66 Wilton Ave. in Norwalk between Route 7 and Main St. Photo Credit: Google Maps

Update: Police have identified the man and woman killed in the overnight murder-suicide. Click here for an updated story from Daily Voice.

NORWALK, Conn. — A father and daughter are dead in an apparent murder-suicide after a police standoff overnight in Norwalk, according to police and multiple media reports.

Police believe a man in his 50s shot his daughter, 33, on Sunday and killed himself early Monday at 66 Wilton Ave., WABC-TV said. 

The incident forced an overnight evacuation of residents in the neighborhood, police said.

Police‏ confirmed the incident was an apparent murder-suicide. Police responded to the home to investigate a report that the woman failed to show up for work, according to police. 

The complainants had gone to the Wilton Avenue apartment at around 12:30 a.m. to check on their co-worker, and when they arrived they saw her lying on the floor through a window. They kicked in the door and found her dead on the floor, according to police. They then saw a man sitting in the apartment, at which point they fled and called the police.

Officers arrived and attempted to talk to the man, but he refused. The Norwalk Emergency Services Tactical Team and Crisis Negotiators responded and also tried to speak with him, but he refused to communicate with officers, police said.

During the standoff, officers heard a single gunshot, police said. They used a camera to look at the interior of the apartment, and saw that the man was dead. They entered and confirmed that there were two dead people inside, police said.

The incident occurred in a small two-story apartment complex.

Police said that detectives and the Crime Scene Unit were still on the scene investigating. The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner was also assisting with the investigation, police said.

The names and ages of the victim and suspect have not been released. 

Click here for the story at WABC-TV.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.