NORWALK, Conn. -- It might feel a little like summer outside, but it's time to get your fall yard waste and leaves to the curb for pickup in Norwalk.
Yard waste collection runs from Nov. 9 and runs through Dec. 11 beginning at 6 a.m. for residents who receive city garbage collection.
According to city officials, residents should have their yard waste to the curb by 6 a.m. on the Monday of their scheduled week of collection. The truck will only pass once a week, it will not return for a second collection.
The schedule includes:
November 9-13: Residents with Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday garbage collection.
November 16-20: Residents with Thursday and Friday garbage collection.
Nov 30 - Dec 4: Residents with Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday garbage collection.
December 7-11: Residents with Thursday and Friday garbage collection
For example, if your normal garbage collection day is on a Thursday, your yard waste will be picked up on the weeks of November 16th and December 7th. Pickup can be any day of the week, not on a particular day.
GENERAL INFORMATION & GUIDELINES: Leaves, brush and grass clippings are on Connecticut’s list of mandatory recycling items. Do not mix them with regular garbage. The City of Norwalk encourages you to compost at home and mulch your grass clippings into your lawn. Yard waste collection guidelines are as follows:
• 1: Yard Waste will be collected ONLY in brown paper leaf bags, garbage cans with no lids, or open-top cardboard boxes.
• 2: Yard Waste in plastic bags, loose piles of brush and leaves, rocks, soil, and sand will not be collected.
• 3: Brush must be less than 4-feet in length and 6-inches or less in diameter and be tied up in bundles.
• 4: There is a 25-pound weight limit for bags of yard waste and 50-pound weight limit for cans or bundles of brush. Please don't overload bags or cans.
• 5: Logs and Stumps will not be collected. Logs and Stumps can be brought to the Yard Waste Site located at 15 South Smith St. Please remember to bring the proper Resident Pass, and under some circumstances, you may have to pay to dump.
• 6: If you believe you are missed for a collection, please call Customer Service on Monday of the following week at 203-854-3200 or visit www.norwalkct.org
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.