NORWALK, Conn. – The Progressive Insurance Norwalk Boat Show will be docking at Norwalk Cove Marina.
Thousands of boating enthusiasts are expected to cruise the show Thursday through Sunday for specials and bargains on hundreds of the latest luxury motor and sailing yachts, sport fishing boats, family cruisers, performance and sailboats, plus the largest selection of marine accessories.
The show will also offer new and seasoned boaters the chance to take the helm and participate in interactive on-the-water boating, sailing and watersports workshops in Long Island Sound.
Here are some highlights of the show:
- Boat hop and shop: See, board and compare hundreds of new boats ranging from 13-foot runabouts to luxury yachts at 70-plus feet. Visitors in the market to buy will benefit from an early visit on Thursday or Friday to walk the docks, talk with dealers about new products and shop competitive bargains.
- Upgrade tech and water toys: Boaters will see the latest navigation and radar systems, fishing equipment, design finishes, all-weather apparel, water sports gear and more from top outfitters and brands.
- Learn to boat and sharpen skills behind the helm: The show offers several educational opportunities. Boaters of all experience levels can take advantage of workshops on Long Island Sound at Discover Boating’s Hands-On-Skill Training series.
- Fitness and fun on the water: Grab a paddle and head to Try It Cove to take a stand-up paddling demo, enroll in Paddlefit classes and more. Visitors can also enjoy free boat rides on Long Island Sound.
- Dive into family fun with Nature Nick’s Animal Adventure and more: Nature Nick’s Animal Adventure allows kids of all ages to get up close and personal with exotic rescue animals. Kids can also build a nautical model at the Toy Boat Building tent; navigate a mini-lake in paddleboats; and meet Sponge Bob SquarePants.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.