The incident happened on I-84 east in Middlebury, a 911 caller told state police.
At the time, troopers from Troop A in Southbury were investigating a motor vehicle crash, which was causing the heavy traffic backup.
Troopers at the crash scene were given a description of the suspect's vehicle and stopped it as it approached the crash, state police said.
Francheska L. Texidor was arrested on the following charges:
- operating an unregistered motor vehicle,
- operating a motor vehicle without a license,
- carrying weapons in a motor vehicle,
- possession of a large cap magazine,
- breach of peace,
- stealing a firearm,
- criminal use of a firearm or electronic defense weapon,
- first-degree threatening and
- first-degree reckless endangerment.
The firearm found in the car had been reported stolen out of New Hampshire, state police said.
Texidor was released on $2,000 bond and will appear in Waterbury Superior Court on June 29.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Newtown and receive free news updates.