Would you vote to approve the Bethel budgets?
The ballot has three questions for voters to cast yes or no on whether to pass the proposed:
- Town Budget of $27, 663,867 for fiscal year 2016-17
- School Budget of $43,609,271
- Capital Budget of $1.438 million
- $50,000 for the assessor to go toward revaluation costs
- $50,000 for Planning and Zoning for the 2017 Plan of Conservation and Development
- $55,000 for an F350 Pickup, $178,000 for a GVW Truck, $40,000 to replace the Codfish Road Culvert and $75,000 for drain improvements for Maple Avenue, all for the Highway Department
- $200,000 for lighting for Whittlesey Drive
- $200,000 to replace seating at the Bethel High School auditorium
- $150,000 for the Highway Garage Roof
- $250,000 for the Highway Garage Carbon Monoxide System
- $75,000 for the MC Gym/Emergency Shelter Locker Rooms
- $115,000 for Greenwood Avenue walkway repairs
First Selectman Matt Knickerbocker says between town government and the Board of Education union negotiations, Bethel has been able to save nearly $1 million in health insurance costs, according to WLAD.
Click here to see a copy of the ballot at the town of Bethel's website.
Polls are open until 8 p.m. Tuesday in Bethel.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Newtown and receive free news updates.