BETHEL, Conn. -- The Bethel Public Library is participating in Fairfield County Giving Day for the first time this year.
This makes the library a "newbie" and eligible to win cash prizes up to $20,000. Residents can help by making even a small donation to the library on March 10 which is Fairfield County Giving Day. There are two $20,000 prizes for the highest number of unique donors and for the most dollars raised.
There will also be power hour prizes awarded for the most unique donors during each of these time periods:
- 6 to 7 a.m. Rise and Shine, $1,000 for "newbies" only
- 9 to 10 a.m. Donut Break, $1,000 for all
- Noon to 1 p.m. Lunch on the fund, $2,500 for all
- 3 to 4 p.m. Coffee Break, $1,000 for "newbies' only
- 7 to 8 p.m. Super-sized, $5,000 for all
- 10 to 11:59 p.m. The Big Finish, $2,500 for all
By choosing a power hour locals can help the Bethel Library win big. On Giving Day they will have giving stations available at the library for anyone to stop by and make a donation. Donations are accepted online through the FCGives website or in person.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Newtown and receive free news updates.