As a heatwave covers the area with hot and humid air, Beach Memorial Pool in Trumbull remains closed Monday, July 22, due to a "bodily fluid incident."
The incident was discovered Saturday, July 20, when a "loose fecal" matter was discovered in the pool, said the Trumbull Parks and Recreation Department.
The pool was closed so it could be treated in accordance with the State of Connecticut Department of Public Health regulations to ensure the safety of swimmers, the department said.
The department said that unlike solid fecal matter, loose matter contains bacteria that requires a longer treatment process.
The Splash Pad at Beaches Park is on a separate water filtration system and is not affected by the event.
"We understand that this pool closure is on the hottest day of the season, however, the health and safety of our residents is our top priority," the department said on Facebook.
The department said residents should check Facebook for updates.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.