NEW CANAAN, Conn. — Two young girls found walking along a town road by themselves led the news this week in New Canaan. Here is a look at what happened this past week.
- A New Canaan man was charged with two counts of risk of injury to a minor after his daughters, ages 2 and 4, were found walking around town by themselves. The man said he left the girls at home to walk the dog and thought they were unable to get out of the locked house.
- New Canaan Police set up a DWI checkpoint over the previous weekend and ticketed three men on charges of driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- The Bank of New Canaan is rebranding to become Bankwell. The rebranding also includes local banks in Wilton, Fairfield and Stamford.
- William C. Dudley, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, was in the area Tuesday to talk about the regional economy, which he said is recovering slowly.
- On July 4, New Canaan celebrated Independence Day with its annual Family Fourth Fireworks at Waveny Park.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.