NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan this week:
- New Canaan native and Montreal Canadiens forward, Max Pacioretty, 25, was selected to play for the U.S. men's Olympic Hockey Team.
- Near blizzard conditions brought about 7 inches of snow and single-digit temperatures to New Canaan.
- A Ridgefield man Vyacheslav Cherepov, 26, was arrested in connection with a hit-and-run accident in a Greenwich parking lot that killed 21-year-old Meghan Beebe.
- Westport police believe Annette White, the woman who was found dead in the Saugatuck River, had been hit by a Metro-North train while crossing the railroad bridge over the river.
- The New Canaan 2014-15 school budget includes an additional $764,456 to upgrade the district's information technology infrastructure.
- Colgate University in Hamilton, N.Y. honored four first-year students from New Canaan for being inducted into a national scholastic honor society.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.