NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news this week in New Canaan:
- The commute to and from New York City was crippled after a major power outage on the New Haven Line. It could be weeks before full power is restored.
- Swimmer Garrett Weber-Gale, a gold medalist at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, hosted a swimming clinic for New Canaan Caimans members at the New Canaan YMCA.
- The New Canaan Cannons defeated the Bridgeport Brewers, 4-0, to win the Fairfield County Men’s Senior Baseball League championship game at Harbor Yard in Bridgeport. New Canaan won the best-of-three series, 2-1.
- Paul G. Peterson of Shelton, formerly of Stamford & a retired carpenter of Silver Hill Hospital in New Canaan died at age 82.
- Paul Lupo, 49, of Ridgefield, who triggered an Amber Alert after took his 5-year-old son from his home after a domestic dispute with his wife, was arrested.
Click here to follow Daily Voice New Canaan and receive free news updates.