NEW CANAAN, Conn. — New Canaan's Goldenberry celebration of the birth of the Royal Baby leads the news for the week. Here is a look at what else took place:
- Goldenberry, a locally owned retail store which specializes in items from the British Isles, moved to New Canaan just in time to celebrate the birth of the Royal Baby. Goldenberry has been decorated with a cake and flowers and will also have the commemorative tea cloth honoring the Prince of Cambridge, once they are made and delivered.
- On Tuesday The Daily Voice told you about a New Canaan woman who had been charged with driving under the influence following a motor vehicle accident earlier this year. She has pleaded not guilty and is expected back in court in August.
- New Canaan's Democratic Town Committee endorsed several candidates for this November's elections Tuesday.
- New Canaan's real estate market seems to be improving as the sale of homes costing more than $3 million increased slightly in the first half of 2013.
- The Glass House was featured on PBS' "Cultural Treasures," Thursday night.
Click here to follow Daily Voice New Canaan and receive free news updates.