NEW CANAAN, Conn. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in New Canaan last week:
- While a New Canaan family slept, someone slipped into their home through an unlocked door and stole two iPad minis and a pair of Beats by Dre headphones. Their home is on Ponus Ridge between Davenport Ridge and Frogtown Road.
- New Canaan's emergency fire dispatch is now being handled by Westport as the two towns teamed up to save money. The first called handled for New Canaan was for a crash on the Merritt Parkway.
- Patricia Lowman Dailey, a lifelong Darien resident who worked in the fashion industry and at a New Canaan retailer, died at age of 57.
- Metro-North presented a $32 billion spending plan to the MTA Board that included continuing plans to move New Haven Line trains from Grand Central Terminal to Penn Station.
- Connecticut is home to nine billionaires on the 2014 Forbes 400 list, and seven of those rich men reside in Greenwich.
- A 16-person commission of educators assembled by Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy after the Sandy Hook tragedy is calling for more government oversight on home schooling.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.