NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- Learn how to create and perfect your "elevator speech" at St. Mark's Episcopal Church in New Canaan on Thursday from 7 to 9 p.m.
Speaker Mark Troncone will discuss:
- Mark’s 7 Point Employment Strategy
- What is an Elevator Speech?
- Why is it necessary to have one?
- Elevator Speeches to Avoid
- How to create an Elevator Speech that WOWs
- Creating one using Mark's “Secret” formula
- Effectively using a “Hook”
- Two important parts often overlooked
- Creating a “Passion” Statement for Interviews
- Passing the lucky 7 W’s test
- Elevator Speech Do’s and Don’ts
- Using your Elevator Speech – Where?
- Refining your Elevator Speech
An elevator speech is a short summary used to quickly and simply define your profession, product, service, organization or event. The name "elevator pitch" reflects the notion that it should be possible to deliver the speech in the time it takes to ride an elevator.
St. Mark's Episcopal Church is located at 111 Oenoke Ridge Road in New Canaan.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.