Since the start of the pandemic in March through Thursday, Oct. 15, the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has cited 112 establishments for violations relating to their response to the virus, resulting in proposed penalties totaling $1,603,544.
OSHA said that the inspections resulted in violations for failure to:
- Implement a written respiratory protection program;
- Provide a medical evaluation, respirator fit test, training on the proper use of a respirator and personal protective equipment;
- Report an injury, illness, or fatality;
- Record an injury or illness on OSHA recordkeeping forms; and
- Comply with the General Duty Clause of the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970.
Among the establishments cited were:
- Wintonbury Care Center LLC in Bloomfield, which was fined $15,422;
- The Children's Center of Hamden in Hamden, which was fined $11,452;
- Chelsea Place Care Center LLC in Hartford, which was fined $15,422;
- Trinity Hill Care Center LLC in Hartford, which was fined $15,422;
- SecureCare Options in Rocky Hill, which was fined $15,422.
Click here to follow Daily Voice Litchfield and receive free news updates.